Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hey There, Ho There, How do you do?

I'll give a cookie to the first person who can guess where the entry title is from. I'll give you a hint, it's a movie. 


Well, hello there & welcome to this blog. I'm Tasia and you'll probably know me from my personal blog tayIRL. And if you got here from that blog, then you probably know what this blog is all about. But if not, let me give you a little background on this blog.


A few months ago, I stumbled upon the Day Zero Project. The whole point of the project needs a whole entry in itself, but basically it's a list of 101 things that you want to do in 1001 days. One of the things on my list was to read through a book list. To decide which books I wanted to read, I did some research and looked through a bunch of different book lists. Three stood out to me most: Teen Read's Ultimate Book List, 101 Books to Read Before you Die, and College Board's 101 Great Reads.So, I put the lists together, added a few Pacific Island books that I wanted to read and that's how I got my personalized book list, you can check it out here.

To make sure that I go along with the whole goal thing, I decided to track my progress by making a blog. While my personal blog will be more for the general things on my 101 in 1001 list, I wanted to make a different blog for my Reading goal. My main reason for the separate blogs is my Reading List. It's so long and there are so many things that I want to do with it, I didn't want to completely flood my personal blog with book talk 24/7. That wouldn't be very fun for me, so now I have two blogs!


There are a few things that you can expect from this blog, the most obvious being Book Reviews! No book rubs two people the same way, so my book reviews are going to be my honest opinion of the books. Please understand that my review only reflects my views, not any one else. I hope that my book review will encourage you to pick up a book and read, but negative reviews shouldn't hinder your enjoyment of a book. I'm a picky reader, so I am definitely not bound to like every single book on the list!


You can also expect book suggestions, maybe some giveaways, book swaps, guest bloggers, linky parties and hopefully even a book club thing! I am open to any suggestions that you have regarding this site. Let me know what I can do to make this blog better! 



Hope to see you guys around the blog!
Pick up a book and read with me.

-Tasia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving this idea! I am an avid reader, and I can't wait to read your reviews! I'm always on the hunt for a good book!

siena cathy said...

hp officejet pro 9015 driver
hp officejet pro 9020 driver
epson xp 400 driver

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading this post! Hope to see you back here soon.
In the meantime, remember to get lost in a good book!